A woman with poise alludes to confidence. There’s confidence in the way she carries herself, how she walks, what she is wearing, and how she engages with others. When you see a mother demonstrating poise, you are completely blown away. You wonder, how can she maintain poise with five children? What is her secret? I want what she has!
- Actually, there’s no secret. The woman you’re admiring is being herself. She doesn’t compare herself to anyone and recognizes that no one is perfect. She works on what can change and accepts what cannot.
- A mother with poise respects herself. She does not self-deprecate to cover up any insecurities and accepts a compliment with a “thank you” and nothing further. Her behavior exudes honor and dignity.
- She embraces her style. She’s intentional with the way she dresses, knowing how to utilize color, patterns, fit, and accessories to pull her outfit together.
- When she is surrounded by her children, or not, she walks with great posture. Her shoulders are back and head held high, only looking down to admire someone’s shoes.
- Understand that self-care is not being selfish. A mother with poise knows her family depends on her and you can’t pour from an empty cup. She eats right, exercises, practices basic grooming: hair, skincare, and nails. She takes time to do what she enjoys.
- A mother with poise has as a presence. Specifically, when she enters a room, people notice. She practices positive body language which naturally draws attention. People feel comfortable around her.
Being a mother doesn’t mean that you cannot be a woman with poise. Having children is a blessing, but it doesn’t define you. It will take effort and a plan, but you can do it.
If this is an area you struggle with, visit my website and schedule a free 30-minute consultation.